Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

101 reasons why I love watching Naruto..

Uhm.. honestly, I can't think of 101 reasons whiy I love watching Naruto. I just thought that it was a cool title and that it is used a lot (e.g. Basketball 101, 101 days, etc.) :D Im sure a lot of people out there also watch Naruto.. and just like me, a lot of persons out there are addicted to this great Anime.. This is one Anime that I get to watch a lot whenever I get so down. But what makes it so great anyway? What makes it so damn addictive?

Well, Naruto is a story of the struggles and successes of this kid ninja from Konoha who wants to become the Hokage (the highest ninja in the village). Things aren't always going his way but still, he keeps on trying and trying even if all the odds are against him. It's the burning desire to become great is what keeps him going; his determination to accomplish his dream is what makes him special. He says big things like "I'm gonna surpass the hokages and let the village acknowledge my strength" and "I'm gonna become the hokage" but inspite all of those braggings, he is still just a kid with armed with nothing but his big dream. I like the anime because in a sense, I can relate to what Naruto is experiencing. I also have a great yet seemingly distant dream. Sometimes, I think that I cannot have my dream come true because I don't know a lot of things for heaven's sake. But whever I feel that, I always say to myself.. "Fuck this brain.. I can learn those if I want to!!" "All I need is a lot of determination and an iron will to follow my dreams no matter what!!" "I've gotta be tough no matter what.." "Everybody has a dream.. but will it always remain one?? "..yep.. life can be very frustrating.. chasing a dream that you know is very distant from you makes you wanna give up a lot of times. To be honest, I've failed more times than I've succeeded.. but I firmly believe that its the will to get back on track and continuing on the fight is what matters the most. If everything seems lost and you don't know what to do, just believe in your dream and nothing more and you'll get back to track in no time. Its against all odds indeed :D

Naruto is a very lousy ninja. He is a very stupid boy who knows very little ninja techniques, unlike his comrades who has these large arsenal of skills at their disposal. But even though this is the case, he still wouldn't give up. He trains night and day just to become stronger than his comrades (he always boasts that he is strong but he knows that he is not). He is willing to sacrifice even his life for his dream.. for something he believes in.. and for those that he cares for.. And boy, these principles are so true.. without Jen, there wouldn't be anyone at all that will support and guide me. My parents don't believe that I can achieve my dream. All they say is that I should be focusing more on the ones that are more "reachable".. But what do they know about a kid's dream anyway??! But I don't blame them for that.. They only want what's best for me and they do not want me to push myself too hard.. but regardless of what they think, I'm still sticking to my dream so step aside mom and pops!!

Its really nice if you have someone beside you, believing in what you can do, acknowledging you, and supporting you all the way. It's really nice to have someone that you can lean on too whenever things get really tough. And for that, I am so grateful that I have my girlfriend with me. Without her, I don't know if I could have survived this journey alone.

Indeed, what separates cartoons from the real world is that cartoons are far more perfect than the real world. Cartoons always has a happy ending.. the heroes get what they want and everyone is happy. The real world is far more cruel than that. But I believe that similarities do exist between the two.. and that is to never give up and keep fighting until you find your own happy ending . Cartoon heroes don't get a happy ending only by sitting on a corner (unless the producer wills it to) but instead, they work hard for the antagonist to be defeated in order for the story to have a happy ending. And again, it all goes back to hard work, determination, and an a whole lot of patience.

Okay.. I think I'm all out of words now and I'm only just repeating myself over and over again :) So this is it for now. I've gotta watch part 5 of Naruto :D See yah.

1 comment: