Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

A Symphony of Light and Sound: Project Genesis

Well, first things first. I've ditched the entire zombie killing game. I've shifted my interest into something more interesting - towards interpreting sound through fine demonstration of computer graphics. It'll be like those media player visualizations - only that mine will be sequential. The concept that the CG will portray will be about the creation of earth - from the Archean to Phanerozoic eon (that is, from bacterias to end of Ice Age). Hence, it is absolutely essential for me to grasp some of the advanced rendering techniques OpenGL has to offer in order to produce breath-taking but non-photo realistic scene.. and as a preparation for this, I've enrolled myself in a CG class in BCIT and have dumped my two Java courses. This was a huge risk that I have to take in order to accelerate the development of my portfolio.

Getting back to the project, I'll probably have to mix a number of techno / rave sounds in order to produce an impression of the earth in the process of being created. And in line with this, I've already laid down the tracks for the portal scene (1st scene). I've selected the Shumacher track by DJ Visage. The 1st scene will last for 1.21 minutes and will portray our hero entering the portal and travelling back through time. This scene's gonna be good! I've gotta lot of good stuffs running in my head right now but the question is.. can I implement it? Well, only time will tell.

Anyway, here's some of the practice work that I've been doing lately. Here's a Gouraud-shaded scene, with dynamic lighting, environment mapping, and multitexturing applied to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment