Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Doodle Space Wings!

Well, This is it! Our first iPhone app is now under development - and it is called Doodle Space Wings! Let me explain: It's a 2D platformer - kind of like 1942 (for those of you who remember) - where you shoot everything in sight using really cool weapons - and of course, you get to fight big bosses at the end of each level - now how cool is that!! We do not have a graphic artist so we'll rely mostly on our mediocre (at best) drawing skills and hence, we hope to get away with the Doodle style :) Hopefully, we'll get it right and that every elements of the game will come together in the end. I am excited! I hope that we get to finish this and hopefully, earn a few bucks in the process :) I plan to track the progress of the development of Doodle Space Wings in this blog and hopefully, I will be diligent enough to post updates!

So who is Really Awesome Indie Games anyway? Well, right now, it's mostly just me and my loving wife - I do the programming, visuals, sounds, project management, and all sorts of technical stuff while she does the QA, budgeting (as in no Jim, you cannot buy an iPhone 4 - use your 1st generation iTouch instead!) and marketing-related stuff :) Apple has created a really good platform where anybody can use their talents and creativity to do something special and distribute it to the millions of people all over the world. This opportunity - which was not readily available to indie guys like us before the iPhone revolution - got us really excited and although it took us 2 years to finally get into the bandwagon, we're finally making progress and I for one am very happy with that!

I am under no illusion that this is going to be easy and me having a full time job does not make it any easier at all. But I believe that with proper planning (and spending less time visiting Facebook), we'll complete this project. But until then, gotta work work and work!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment