Pages

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Character and Enemy Sprites for Level 1 now Drafted!

Well, I've finally drafted some illustrations for the main player and 5 enemies! Here's a screenshot of what I've done so far:


How do they look? I tried to keep the enemies that will be appearing in Level 1 consistent so that they'll look good together and well, I hope that they all are :) Hopefully, they'll look good on the iPhone screen as well! I can't wait to make them move!

I tried to cover a wide variety of enemy behavior on this one in order to make the game more interesting. I've put weak, agile, mysterious, fast, and grunt enemies in the hopes of giving the players a good challenge!

What's next? Well, I have to convert them into a sprite sheet using Zwoptex in order to increase the efficiency of draw calls to Open GL and I hope to finish this by the end of the week!

So there you go! The casts of Doodle Space Wings - Level 1!

Jim




1 comment:

  1. those are really cool sprites. The choppers sort of remind me of my daily lunch - shrimps!

    kitchen and food theme really reminds me of twinbee on the old nintendo~

    ReplyDelete