Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Starcraft 2 (finally started to play.. project in danger..)

Well, it was inevitable. Who was I to resist the temptation of not playing the best ever RTS of all time? After saying to myself a hundred times that I'm not going to play Starcraft 2 until I finish Doodle Space Wings, I finally succumbed to the temptation and got the game after my dentist appointment :) So, after playing 5 missions on the Terran campaign, I lost nearly 6 hours of development time - but I've successfully implemented the homing missle, sub-weapon item pick-up, player hit cue, and player dying animation. So all in all, it ain't bad :) And the plus side is, I've picked up some really cool hints from StarCraft 2 on how to better our doodle side scroller! Also, one really cool thing about that game that I really appreciate was this mini-game called "The Lost Viking"! It is also a side scroller game that I have started using as a reference and as a point of comparison to our doodle game. So yeah, the weekend was pretty productive - all in all. I will try to power through the next wave of tasks for this week and hopefully, the game will even be in a better shape!

Cheers,
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment